Tool for the job
Foopad is nondestructive source code editor / integrated development environment
made to make your dev life better. Foopad has some unique features and can be customized
to be like simple notepad or full IDE. Works on any version of Windows operating
system (server also) and has unbelievable startup and workflow speed. It's UI is
simple and slick, intuitive and so classy-cool. Foopad targets Web developers, system
admins and coding enthusiasts.
- Lag free startup and workflow
- Project explorer and manager
- Sync project to <-> from FTP, WEBDAV, SCP... (with WinSCP)
- Compare files (with WinMerge)
- Import / export project to zip (with 7z)
- Snippets, templates
- Open folder as project from context menu or main menu
- Bookmarks with navigation shortcuts
- File print support
- Project files are monitored for external changes
- Find/replace text
- Integrated web browser
- Code outline panel with function arguments
- Color picker for CSS files
- Syntax highlighting
- Unix / Windows line endings support
- Custom project based commands for external tools
- Windows shell integration
- HTML WYSIWYG editor
- Encoding conversion / support for UTF8, ANSI, ASCII, Unicode
- Convert tabs/spaces, Toggle (comment/uncomment) code with shortcut
- Use tabbed documents or MDI (single window) layout
- And much more!
foopad_setup.zip (~1MB, ver 1.0)
php_dev_server.zip (beta ~3MB, ver 1.0)
PHP Dev server is wrapper around PHP built-in server.
What about Lines and Lines2?
Lines2 (.NET version) is
crappy attempt compared to Foopad.
It's not maintained anymore. Foopad is everything what Lines could become,
and much more.
Lines is my other project